The main goal of the Interior Architecture program is to prepare highly competitive professionals in the field, through learning experiences and to help you creatively design spaces for work, housing, commerce, culture, school, recreation and health. Through your college studies you will be able to propose new interior, temporary, virtual and scenic spaces, to re-use existent spaces and to participate in furniture and object design. At the same time, you will develop professional and personal skills to ease you entrance in the labor market.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Interior Architecture, you will master creative and communicative aspects of this discipline, so you can handle diverse manual and digital techniques to represent ideas for the development, production and promotion of your architectural proposals. Additionally, you will use concepts such as habitability, space materialization, and technological systems in construction, environment optimization, and management of constructions, among many others.
Besides expanding your abilities at enrolment, we at the UDLAP propose to:
- Strengthen your ability to integrate and apply concepts--historical, theoretical, methodological, environmental, technical, structural, and managerial--to create Interior Architecture strategies.
- Train you to carry out efficient design processes.
- Teach you to efficiently communicate your ideas, graphically and visually, using manual or digital means.
- Perfect your oral and written communication skills.
- Enhance your ability to adapt.
- Motivate you to carry out cooperative and interdisciplinary work.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Openness in the area of knowledge, culture and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Predilection for technological advances within the communication media.
- Interest in understanding the process of videogame creation.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Command of methodology in interior space design, so you can analyze and understand various cultural, social and psychological behaviors to propose new alternatives to satisfy spatial needs.
- Ability to discern the theories and history of your discipline and the expressive and performance intentions in the design of developed spaces.
- Knowledge and ability to use different manual and digital communication and representation techniques in order to apply them in the production and promotion of your proposals.
- Creative, innovative and leadership abilities, an essential feature in the design process.
- Ethical and social behavior in spatial solutions.
- Concern for the natural and developed environment, acknowledging its heritage, cultural and ecological worth.