VISUAL INFORMATION DESIGN
Through the program of Design of Visual Information at UDLAP, you will be capable of proposing information strategies for the management of visual resources. You will increase your knowledge of visual techniques related to research, aiming to diagnose, intervene and evaluate processes when using visual information. You will also be able to actively participate in communication and information processes to propose visual solutions, and use your professional knowledge in image management or in designing complete processes of presentation, production and appropriation of information.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Visual Information Design, you will know different theories of communication, perception and broadcasting of information, as well as different methodologies used to solve problems in this area. You will acquire ability to do representations and dexterity in handling cutting edge technologies to create and interpret visual texts. Additionally, you will understand different trends, styles and artistic vanguards, both digital as well as analogical.
Besides expanding your abilities at enrolment, we at the UDLAP propose to:
- Give you technological know-how so you can propose, based on design, useful and functional interfaces to project your proposals.
- Make you proficient in oral and written communication, administration and decision making.
- Strengthen your knowledge, aptitudes and skills to help you to have a wide vision of a set of solutions.
- Teach you to have a strategic, aesthetic, meaningful and humanist vision of information processes.
- Provide you with logical thinking, a critical mind and a social conscience related to situations that require Visual Information.
- Encourage teamwork and tolerance of other cultures.
- Successfully develop you in a professional level, through a wholesome education in theory and methodology.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Openness in the area of knowledge, culture and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Ability and inclination to draw and to use technology.
- Interest to find out how images in advertising spaces are created.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Understanding of different methodologies to solve visual communication problems.
- Identification and discernment of different communication theories, perception and propagation of visual information.
- Ability to use advanced technologies, both digital and analogue.
- Notion regarding artistic trends, styles and vanguards that have influenced the development of visual culture.
- Problem-solving ability in visual communication regarding individual, social and economic factors.
- Use of methodology to diagnose, intervene and evaluate communication processes.