Through the Theater program you will acquire knowledge to practice dramaturgy, direction and theatrical production, as well as their links to audiovisual media. You will also have practical experience to complement your education and become a professional in scenic arts, cultural promotion, education and investigation. Additionally, this program will provide you with the tools to further your education in theater, so you can pursue specialties and graduate studies.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Theater, you will master the theoretical and practical bases of this career, including the related audiovisual media. You will develop, within a technical framework, the areas of theater, movie and television acting, directing, education and theatrical criticism, design and scenic research, promotion, and cultural marketing. Additionally, you will master different techniques of creative playwriting.
Besides expanding your abilities at enrolment, we at the UDLAP propose to:
- Give you the most advanced technical bases about different aspects of theatrical art, electronic media and digital platforms related to scenery creation and theater.
- Develop your capacity in areas such as education, criticism and promotion in the practice of this discipline.
- Teach you to do experimental work and theatrical investigation, including TV and film.
- Train you to use fundamental principles of theater and culture marketing.
- Encourage you to have intellectual curiosity, initiative, discipline and creativity to boost your individual development.
- Ensure that through your knowledge of scenic arts cultural theater and media are enriched.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Open-mindedness in knowledge, culture and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Predilection to carry out artistic works on a stage.
- Interest in knowing the process of screenplay writing.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Understanding of different theater theories and the means to conduct a critical analysis of creative scenic processes.
- Command of technical elements related to acting, directing, education, research, design, writing and cultural and theatrical promotion.
- Ability to manage different techniques to collect and analyze information, and to elaborate teaching programs.
- Knowledge of spatial and visual strategies for plastic design to plan scenery, lighting, makeup and wardrobe in staging, whether it is in theater, television or cinema.
- Rational use of IT and communication as working tools and learning means.
- Capacity to conduct theatrical experimentation and research.