As a professional in Biomedical Engineering, you will identify areas of opportunity where processes are needed to solve medical problems. You will have the multidisciplinary knowledge required to be successful in your profession, integrally and to your full potential. In addition, you will acquire a general culture that transcends the borders of your career, thus being able to develop and innovate biomedical devices in a globalized world.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Biomedical Engineering, you will be highly qualified to combine knowledge and skills of engineering and health. Also, you will be able to work with doctors, nurses, dentists, nutritionists and technicians to solve problems related to: bioinstrumentation, biomechanics, biomaterials, medical image management, physiological systems, clinical engineering, rehabilitation, and tissue engineering, to name but a few.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems focused on the health sector, using best practices and technologies.
- Design systems, components and processes for the health sector, considering safety, economic and sustainability aspects.
- Develop, manage and innovate in businesses, projects and products in the health sector.
- Develop solid bases in the different areas of biomedical engineering, using this area’s technological advances.
- Handle medical equipment.
- Use appropriate computer tools to develop applications in biomedical engineering.
- Master the technologies of the health sector to solve biomedical engineering problems.
- Analyze, integrate and develop creative solutions for hospitals.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Ability to face the challenges of an increasingly competitive world.
- Inclination to find solutions in the health industry through the use of information technology.
- Leadership in the approach for creative solutions for the hospital industry.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Knowledge of the design, use and maintenance of medical equipment and instruments, and of computer tools for this discipline to plan, analyze, design and build basic infrastructure.
- Responsible development of systems to help solve current problems.
- Outstanding analytical capacity to elaborate and coordinate projects for hospitals.
- Excellent ability to detect, formulate and solve engineering problems in the health sector, using the best available technological practices and new developments.
- Command in the design of systems, components or processes in the health sector, also considering security, economic and sustainability issues.
- Ability in innovating and managing companies, projects and products in the health sector.