The goal of the Pharmaceutical Science program is to offer you theoretical and practical knowledge to develop and apply them in areas of health, industry, regulations and research concerning drugs, and to be able to work in top industries performing any tasks required of you. At graduation you will be an expert in areas of chemistry, biology, mathematics and physics and will be qualified to continue studying at prestigious institutions. As a professional in Pharmaceutical Science, you can work in health ministries, cosmetics companies and pharmaceutical-chemical industries, among others, with a proven ability to develop new drugs.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Pharmaceutical Science, you will acquire extensive knowledge about natural, biomedical and health sciences contributing to the improvement in the quality of life of patients. You will specialize in the scientific, technological and ethical use of drugs. Additionally, you will generate technical know-how in the research and development of drugs, cosmetics, and hygiene products.
Besides expanding you abilities at enrolment, the Pharmaceutical Science program has as objectives:
- To promote your abilities for the use of modern technology and its applications in pharmacy.
- To provide you with knowledge of pharmaceutical areas so you can be part of health and industry teams.
- To prepare you to organize and direct pharmaceutical services.
- To give you an education based on research.
- To give you professional practice based in experience.
- To prepare you for graduate studies.
- To motivate you to develop critical and ethical thinking, with social responsibility.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Openness in the areas of knowledge, culture and interpersonal relations
- Vision to accomplish goals through knowledge.
- Desire to improve the quality of life of patients receiving treatment.
- Willingness to learn how labs in the country work.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Ability to serve society responsibly in the pharmaceutical environment.
- Solid knowledge of natural, biomedical, pharmaceutical and health sciences that contribute to the responsible provision of pharmaceutical therapy and to the patients' quality of life.
- Awareness of the importance of your participation in multidisciplinary health teams.
- Critical attitude, openness and commitment to make a vital contribution to the care of patients, and to influence public health, clinical research and pharmaceutical care.
- Outstanding performance as a specialist in the scientific, technological, sanitary and ethical treatment of drugs in the field of pharmacy.
- Generation of technical and scientific knowledge in research, innovation, development, formulation, manufacture, modification, evaluation, quality control, legislation, commercialization, selection, distribution, storage, provision, information, management, dispensation, rational use, education and vigilance of drugs, cosmetics, and hygiene products and their inputs.