The program of Licenciatura in Industrial Engineering at Fundacion Universidad de las Américas Puebla provides you with a solid education, based on basic knowledge of engineering and science through interdisciplinary courses that strengthen your professional competence. Throughout this program, you will understand the methods to specify, predict and evaluate the results of integrated systems, and you will be trained in the use of economic evaluation techniques to support you in making decisions related to the management of integrated systems. Additionally, you will be able to implement projects and define the necessary measures to ensure the permanence of the improvements achieved.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
As a professional Industrial Engineer you will analyze - with theoretical, technical and practical criteria - design functions and operations management in any organization. In addition, you will meet the challenges of industrial and service sectors, solving complex problems by optimizing business processes. Also, you will design systems to produce goods and services in any organization. During the early years of their career, the Industrial Engineering graduates UDLAP will:
PEO # 1: Become critical, creative and innovative professionals who contribute significantly to the success of the organizations where they work; their achievements enable them to achieve and maintain positions of influence in their organizations.
PEO # 2: Become successful industrial engineers based on their high-level technical training, knowledge of relevant research in industrial engineering as well as their awareness of the importance of continuous learning.
PEO # 3: Be aware of the impact of their professional performance can have on the environment, society and economy and therefore to evaluate their decisions and actions based on the effects they will produce.
The candidates should demonstrate that:
- Enjoy knowing how things work.
- Think about new or better ways to do things.
- Taking one element apart and put it back together with fewer parts (Most efficient).
- Have predilection for mathematics and other sciences.
- Demonstrating predilection for mathematics and other sciences.
The Student Outcomes for the Industrial Engineering Program at Universidad de las Americas Puebla are:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering for solving industrial engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret results obtained from them.
- An ability to design integrated systems to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to achieve effective and efficient results through teamwork with people from different backgrounds.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve industrial engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively with industrial engineers and people with different backgrounds.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of industrial engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Commitment to their ongoing forming as an industrial engineer.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues, both in their professional field and in other areas.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for industrial engineering practice.
STATISTICAL DATA »
2006 PROGRAM CURRICULUM »