The main objective of the Music program is to help you reach your potential as an expert in musical practice, by encouraging interdisciplinary work and fostering your participation in generating ideas with other professionals in the fields of art and culture. Through the teaching method of UDLAP, you will find a precise balance of theoretical, practical and methodological knowledge to offer musical action strategies, so you can steer your abilities and talent towards an optimal professional performance and the creation of new ideas in musical practice.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Music, you will master the theoretical, methodological, practical and technical foundations of this career, as well as the creative and communication processes of musical practice. Additionally, you will have the bases of this discipline in the selection of repertoires, musical execution, musicological research and composition. Also, you will enrich your philosophical perspectives and knowledge regarding artistic trends related to music and culture.
Besides expanding your abilities at enrolment, we at the UDLAP propose to:
- Train you as an expert in music composition, musicology work and the interpersonal relation implied by musical execution.
- Stress the need for interaction with other artists and with various cultural contexts.
- Expand your musical career to the fields of cultural administration, journalistic criticism and interdisciplinary research.
- Balance your professional endeavor between individual creation and work in cooperation.
- Introduce you to a relationship with the labor field through a professional practice that includes individual concerts, public presentation of musical ensembles and participation in dance and theater projects.
- Tutor you in selecting a good graduation project, and in clearly expressing your ideas.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Openness in the area of knowledge, culture and interpersonal relations.
- Vision to accomplish goals through learning.
- Predilection for listening, analyzing and learning music.
- Have a good rhythmic and melodic ear.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Use of the principles of this discipline in selecting a repertoire, music execution, musical investigation and composition.
- Ability to face interpretation challenges, incorporating multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Conceptualization of music in a systemic, multidisciplinary manner based on research and contextualized on the reality of diverse work environments.
- Analysis of musical works, using tools of modal, tonal and post-tonal theory.
- Auditory identification of melodic and harmonic processes.
- Knowledge of philosophical perspectives and artistic trends related to music and culture.