NANOTECHNOLOGY AND MOLECULAR ENGINEERING
The program of Nanotechnology and Molecular Engineering will make you an expert in the design of nanoscaled devices. You will master basic sciences and Molecular Engineering to be able to work in any company that requires your services. Through our curriculum, you will get theoretical and practical knowledge to offer solutions to problems in this field, and you will be qualified for further study at top national and international institutions. Finally, as a professional you can work in biomedical, pharmaceutical and environmental industries, among other options, standing out because of your knowledge of science and your ethical and social commitment.
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBJECTIVES
As a professional in Nanotechnology and Molecular Engineering you will be qualified to provide solutions to scientific and technological problems common in industry and national and international research centers. Additionally, you will have a clear understanding and ability in different basic and applied sciences (physics, chemistry, biology) for the study, design, production, characterization, simulation and application of new materials.
Besides expanding you abilities at enrolment, the Nanotechnology and Molecular Engineering program has as objectives:
- To give you comprehensive knowledge of the composition, structure and properties of advanced nanostructured and molecular materials.
- To train you to design devices of technological usefulness based on nanotechnology.
- To increase your ability to adapt and assimilate technology, so you can research and develop new materials that are beneficial and functional.
- To motivate you to have an ethical behavior in professional practice in order to benefit society.
- Conviction to work for the common good and to strive for success.
- Openness in the areas of knowledge, culture and interpersonal relations
- Vision to accomplish goals through knowledge.
- Interest for the country's situation regarding development.
- Commitment with the future tasks of scientific research.
At the end of your studies, having acquired new knowledge and expanded your abilities, you will have:
- Solid abilities to understand, design, characterize, produce and apply, in an innovative and multidisciplinary manner, the properties of advanced and nanostructured materials.
- Deep knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, physics, and biology used in engineering and nanotechnology.
- Ability to participate in multidisciplinary teams to solve problems, with the purpose of benefiting the scientific and technological development of the country.
- Expertise to generate and apply knowledge in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Ability to draft reports and oral presentations about different criteria present in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology.